It's amazing how our gadgets have become so integrated into our lives. I grew up where color television was a luxury. Cable TV was brand spanking new and if you had it your parents were making big bucks (that may still hold true nowadays). There weren't a million channels to watch and the only provider at the time was WHT. Yeah, I went there for all you old heads. There was no caller ID. The phone rang and you answered it. Like a cracker jack box, there was a surprise in every call. :o) Cell phones were bricks with antennas. So, when my power went out from one of our wonderful tropical storms what happens? Power came back but not my phones, TV or Internet. My family was plunged into panic. I had to laugh at myself because I started wondering how was I going to play my games. Let's ignore the fact that I have many of the actual games offline. Sad, I play them with my family online but not face to face. Anyone thinking of that email that floats around, "You know you live in 2011 when...?"
But, of course, there is Android. So, when the panic settled, on went the mobile hot spots on the phones. Amazing. Growing up, there was a computer class! It was once a week to learn DOS! Now, computer classes are something for seniors to take to learn how to open pictures and use email and Skype. We can't do without our laptops and phones that surf the Internet. As for me, I will enjoy my 99 million channels, my Nook Color, my Android phone, my caller ID and my laptop. So, enjoy your toys everyone but sit down and play one of those dusty games face to face with the folks you love!
No comments:
Post a Comment