Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Little Blessings

So, this morning I woke up to my daughter bouncing on my bed screeching with laughter. At first I was a little annoyed. I like my sleep. Right behind her, there's hubby shushing and saying, “No! Mommy's sleeping!" Just as loud mind you. By this point I'm up and trying to put on a happy face for my daughter while hiding how pissed I am that my husband has yet again not kept my daughter out of the room until emerged on my own.

"Tag! You're it!" he screams and runs out of the room with my daughter screaming and trailing behind him. They leave the door open and I have nothing but my drawers on with three other people roaming around the house free to walk in at any moment. Then I hear footsteps. Boobs covered, check. It's hubby. "Sorry, babe," he said and closed the door. How can you be mad after that?

As I enjoyed the silence, I thought that it could be worse. My daughter is hilariously happy and loved and she knows it. So, when life is screaming around you and you are dead asleep and just dying to finish that good dream, think of your happy and hilarious daughter. Or something else that you are blessed to have. Someone that thinks of your needs without you having to ask. The ability to go to that job interview. Having enough money to put into your gas tank. Just think, it could be worse. Smile today. They are contagious.

No comments:

Post a Comment